The weather has finally gotten nice again, which gave me some motivation to finish sewing the girls some dresses. So far, I’ve finished a dress for Fiona from this pattern. I kind of winged the sizing, and I think I’ve made it too big, probably more like a 2-3. It’s not quite done yet, I need to finish the hem, but Fiona was sitting on my lap while I was making it and when I mentioned it was for her she couldn’t wait to try it on.
I’m happy with how it turned out, even if it may end up sitting in the closet until it fits her better next summer.
I’ve got lots more fabric and have a couple more dresses planned out with a different pattern.
I had also noticed that a lot of their pants are getting short, so I thought I would make them some pants too. I drafted up a pattern myself and decided to use some fabric I had sitting around to make the first pairs just to make sure the pattern would work. I made Fiona’s first out of some yellow knit I had sitting around. I didn’t get a picture but they turned out really well. I thought I had added tons of length to the legs for both girls, but in both cases it ended up being just enough to add a 1/4” hem and no more. I will make the pattern a bit longer when I use cotton, since it tends to fray and I’ll want to do more of a hem than that. When Meredith saw Fiona’s, she asked for her own pair. I realized there wasn’t enough yellow knit left, and the only other knit was a blue one that also didn’t have enough for a full pair of pants. So we combined them!
Meredith loves them. She keeps telling me how comfortable they are and how happy she is with them. They fit her perfectly. Maybe a tad long but not so much that she’s constantly stepping on them.
My next plan for pants are some pairs with lots of pockets, since Meredith at least loves pockets. She picked out the fabric herself and is pretty excited for the final product. I hope she finds them comfortable, as she definitely prefers knits for pants (but knits wouldn’t work for the pattern I’m hoping to use).